Thursday, April 11, 2013

Victorious

That's how I feel today. Weeee!
Playing with Ronin at the park while sporting a baby. This (victorious) mom stays in the picture.
I was able to do something good for each member of my family:
"Too much therapy!"

Keira. I endured the stress of the trek and took her to the "woo woo" therapist in Eagle. I don't know what that lady does, really, but Keira was magically doing things all of a sudden that she doesn't do...eating with long, hearty gulps, holding her head up and looking around, gazing straight with both eyes...it was unreal. She says it's part of this neurodevelopmental journey. Because K is short on brain mass, we're essentially retraining her brain to do things that missing parts would be doing. It's still unpredictable when and whether she will engage her eyes, mouth, and torso to their greatest extent, but this should get better over time. When Jeff got home tonight, he said she seemed like a different girl. Bigger smile, new sounds, a gaze that tries to reach a few inches further into the distance than before.

Ronin. I took him to KIA at the Rec Center for the first time. He had no qualms about being dropped off without his mom and no friends to speak of. I picked him up nearly 7 hours later and he was wiped. out. He had climbed the rock wall, played table tennis and air hockey, played basketball, and swam. It was the perfect day for this boy. Not to mention that later he cried after he'd disobeyed me. Cried! Not that I like to make my kids cry or anything but...Man, it's kind of nice to see Ronin be a little more affected, a little more sensitive, and/or a little more concerned that he may have broken a rule or let someone down. And then. Then! He wanted me to comfort him when he felt bad. Oh, melt my heart. He DOES need me, after all.

Liam. I picked him up from the bus stop. Well, sort of. So, when I can't pick him up at school, sometimes I can still save him a half hour on the bus by picking him up at a different bus stop. Ronin and I went to said bus stop but the bus driver did not stop. So we chased the bus down and picked him up a few stops later. In the end, this didn't really save any time, but it was funny and got the message across to him that I was really looking forward to seeing him!

Jeff. Well, I braved the Health and Welfare office. AND I didn't even get mad when Jeff didn't get home til 7:30, which meant that he had missed dinner with the family. And I had even cooked. Sometimes I'm able to realize that his day is just as busy as mine.

And for myself....Well, I didn't beat myself up for not working out. I juggled some finances. I loved on each of my babies. I hung out with a friend. AND I spent some more time reading Alison Slater Tate's blog. I was just introduced to her writing and I think I love her. This and this were particularly wonderful for me in the past two days. Oh oh oh....AND I spent about two hours parenting all three of my waking children BY MY SELF and did just great thank you very much.
Particularly bright-eyed and relaxed in her vibrating bouncy seat today...sat alone long enough for me to finish supper!

3 comments:

  1. Your writing is heartfelt and honest. So appreciate you sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison is such a great blogger! So glad you like her. And props to you for having the bravery to try the "woo woo" therapist. Have you read Bruce Lipton's "The Biology of Belief?" I haven't either but I'd like to :) Kiera is an amazing little one, thank you for keeping step so well with her on her journey and and teaching so many by sharing your stories! :)

    ReplyDelete