Saturday, February 16, 2013

Cuddles

Sitting here with K asleep in my arms. She's breathing hard but generally doing well. She even took a bottle from Grandma earlier!! That is worth celebrating because it was questionable whether Keira would remember and/or use that skill after all this.

Fewer tubes today...she still has an NG tube and a nasal cannula ("there's only so much real estate in the nose," the doc says.) We were told to expect to be here another week to ten days. In large part it's because she is now detoxing from narcotics...alternating methadone (Yes, methadone!) and Ativan every 2 hrs.

Things are generally more cheerful around here. The sun is shining. Aunt Shelly is here. The PICU is no longer overflowing with RSV. The staff are all wearing super hero capes (a mom from the peds unit made a bunch of capes for the kids to wear to cover their behinds when they get out of bed.)

It'll likely be much easier to visit from now on, if you're interested. We'll be moving to the regular peds unit in the next couple days. When I told Liam that K would be here another week, he cheered! The boys feel like they're on vacation at the Halls and I know it'd best that I miss them more than they miss me.

I'm staying the night with Miss K. They may let me nurse. Hope so. I resent my attachment to the pump.

1 comment:

  1. Are you accepting visits from former students? Okay if your aren't :)

    ReplyDelete