Monday, December 10, 2012

For Unto Us a Child Is Born

My brother was recently commissioned to design a Christmas card. He writes:

I don't remember if I mentioned in your hearing that my heart was completely not in this thing when I started out, holding my head with one hand and scribbling carelessly with a pencil in my fist.  Of course, I recognized with a wry chuckle that this is how many a work for the Kingdom has been approached.  I'm sure there are more than one rabbi who would say that this is a very common, if incorrect, Hebrew attitude.  I suppose I just had to have faith and believe what people tend to tell me whenever they see my stuff.

Your Big Brother,
Benjamin Ponsford
cyberpumpkin.deviantart.com
cyberpumpkin@gmail.com


Would you believe that a couple of months ago, I wasn't sure if we should even celebrate Christmas? I thought that at least we should do things very differently this year because our lives had changed so drastically. What was I thinking? 

Thanks, Ben. 


No comments:

Post a Comment