Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Welcome back!

It's been too long. 

I want to update all of you. I want to air my dirty laundry. I want to be honest and open about what this life is like. 

I've found it increasingly difficult to write, though. Obviously. 

I think there are a lot of reasons, but one of the biggest is probably the fear of offending someone. There are so many people in Keira's life now, for which I am eternally thankful. And there are a lot of hard things. And the hard things, inevitably, include fallible people. By publishing the cross-my-heart honest truth, I run the risk of offending and/or alienating people who work hard for Keira. 

And I'm afraid I resent that. I wish everyone could just pull up their big girl/boy pants and be adults about everything, but it's not always that easy. Sometimes my frustrations are justified, and sometimes I just need to vent. I, too, am fallible and even though I know that, I typically try pretty hard not to burn any bridges. The sheer effort of that alone feels exhausting sometimes.

So, you see, I have conflicting goals. One goal is to create as big a support group as I can for our little girl. The second is to be an open book about the ins and outs of life with a medically fragile child.  

I don't believe that one necessarily precludes the other, but it's risky for sure, and with my limited time and limited energy and limited -je ne sais quoi- sanity (?!), it's been easiest to avoid the writing altogether.

But here I go again. Because I think it's worthwhile. And I hope you think so, too. So much to share. Stay with me!



2 comments:

  1. And even posting the conflict without the details sounds so fruitful and important to others. Cheering you on all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture! Love your honesty.

    ReplyDelete