Friday, June 10, 2016

Live! From Las Vegas!

I've done it! I've really done it! I'm on vacation (under the guise of helping my sister and a friend with their new babies) for 10 days ALL BY MYSELF! 

I'm headed to Nashville first, to hang out with Shelly and Sam. Then I'll hop a plane to D.C. to see Dana and her family. Finally, I'll go back across the country to see Matt graduate with his doctorate in Seattle! Liam and my folks will meet me there and we'll all drive home together. 

I feel so carefree! Granted, it did not come easy. It's nice to know that I'm still capable of having this sort of feeling under appropriate circumstances. I'm not dead inside! No, it's not really that bad, but life has me feeling pretty bogged down most of the time. Getting away required a lot of preparation. I had to ensure that hour by hour each kid had all the supervision and transportation that he or she needed. I wrote up a 3-page itinerary and instructions in addition to all of K's medical information. There are at least 6 individuals and families (not counting Jeff, therapists, and teachers) who are coming alongside to help me have a vacation! 

This is the longest, by far, that I've ever been away from Keira. She probably wonders why I was squeezing her so hard this morning! And the boys, apparently, will miss me. I guess it's different when I'm leaving them, rather than them leaving me! My kids are so prescious. Really. Who made them? 

So much has been going on. So. Much. As my list of things I'd like to write about has gotten longer and longer, it's felt harder and harder for me to share so publicly. Maybe though, with a few miles (and states) between my regular life and myself, I can empty myself of an idea or two. Stay tuned. 




No comments:

Post a Comment