Sunday, July 12, 2015

Good times

The boys are off in Tennessee on one of their fabulous getaways with my in-laws. (By the way, boys, your neighborhood buddies miss you terribly already. There were several kids hanging out under the tree in our front yard yesterday, as if you were going to be home any minute)

So, yesterday it was just Keira and me. We had a lovely day. 

In the morning, we took Keira to get her first haircut. I didn't really want to cut her curls so much as I wanted her to stop waking up each morning with a ball of hair in each fist. Really, it's amazing that she doesn't have any bald spots. As anticipated, she absolutely loved the attention. She worked hard to hold up her head and be involved in the process. So cute. 

In the evening, we had a wonderful summer storm. Keira and I went outside and stood in the gusty wind. She laughed and laughed, throwing her head back to feel the wind in her hair (and the dirt in her mouth). 

Today I am leaving for a three day backpack trip with two of my best and most generous friends. I couldn't be more excited. As Jeff pointed out, this will be the first time since K's birth that I will be completely off the grid. It's saying something about K's stability when I'm willing to not only leave town, but leave cell phone range. 

I'm so thankful for today. 

2 comments: