Monday, March 4, 2013

10,000 and Counting

Thanks to you all, I have just shy of 11,000 page views of my blog since I started it in November! Even if this is mostly my mom hitting the "refresh" button, as my brother has teased me, this is a lot of hits! I've said before and I will say again, it means so much to me each and every time someone tells me they've been reading.

Keira is home and life is back to normal...or whatever. The first couple of days were rough. Last Wednesday, the first day she went with no detox drugs at all, she was beyond jumpy. I couldn't lay her down on the changing table or go over a speed bump without all four of her limbs flailing and screaming with a panicked look in her eyes. "Why do you keep throwing me from a high place?" they seemed to say. Since then, she's become more herself every day.

We're in the process of ramping up K's therapies. Mostly because after talking to several therapists in the hospital, we realized that we could. This week she was introduced to a flexion basket (see photo). This may look like a laundry basket to you, but really it is a device designed to strengthen Keira's core muscles and introduce her to her hands and feet (No, really!). All and all, we are encouraged. K's smile is definitely social. She's working on moving her hands with some volition. SO fun. And she's taken her official place in the family, being the last of our babies to laugh and respond to Daddy's "boom boom ch" drumming and dancing antics.

About the March of Dimes walk....

We really, really want you to come. Since my original post about it, I've realized that registering is a pain. I'm so sorry. In case you haven't checked it out yet, registering as a walker (as opposed to a donator), you have to put in a fundraising goal, address, phone number, login, etc. Also, if you are bringing anyone else in your family you have to create a whole different profile for them. If you are willing, please do go ahead and fill it out. It's the only way, supposedly, that the March of Dimes keeps track of who walks. You have to put at least $5 in the goal amount, but you are not obligated to a penny.

If you are too annoyed to complete this process, I don't blame you. I hope you will, but at the very least, please let me know personally that you are coming, so that I know to expect you. Also, I need to know your shirt size (they ask you that online, too, but it doesn't count) because we are going to have a very cool team shirt. I'll probably need you to reimburse me for the shirts, but it will cost less than ten dollars.



Again, go to marchforbabies.org and search my name or Keira Elise.
This is laughter!

3 comments:

  1. I love the March for Babies Walk. Such a special time and lots of great stories from families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a donation page set up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bekah, this photo of laughter is so wonderfully darling! What a great shot!

    ReplyDelete